Saturday, May 6, 2017, 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Urban Forestry Center, Portsmouth, NH
Join us for this fun and informative workshop to learn about current initiatives that are protecting marine life and our ocean environment! Presentations will include:
- Updates from Blue Ocean Society’s Whale Research
- Right Whale Surveys in Cape Cod Bay
- Microplastics in Boston Harbor
- Invasive Green Crabs- can we eat them?
- Ocean Sunfish Strandings
- Amazing videos by Steve de Neef
- Panel of local opportunities
View the Draft Agenda
Teacher Certification & Professional Development- Certificates of attendance will be given at the end of the day to any teachers interested.
- $20 advance registration (deadline: May 1)
- $10 for active staff and volunteers of BOS whale watches, Blue Ocean Discovery Center and Seacoast Science Center. Must be active within the past year.
Advanced registration is preferred. Space is limited.
- Registration deadline: May 1, 2017
- Includes agenda package(electronic), morning snacks, lunch and afternoon snacks.
- All attendees who do not register by May 1 will be charged $25 at the door. Fees are non-refundable.
Questions? Contact Dianna Schulte at firstname.lastname@example.org
This workshop is partly funded under the Coastal Zone Management Act by NOAA’s Office of Ocean and Coastal Resource Management in conjunction with the New Hampshire Coastal Program, and hosted by Urban Forestry Center