Blue Ocean Discovery Center Location:
180 Ocean Boulevard, Hampton Beach, NH
The Center is located north of the Sea Shell stage and across from the Hampton Beach Casino complex
Phone: 603-431-0260 (this connects you to our office in Portsmouth)
Hours: Open daily during the summer, and by appointment and for special events through the rest of the year. Check out our events calendar for hours.
Admission: $1 per person for anyone over 2. Ages 2 and under are free.
- Large touch tank (open during summer only)
- 2, 100-gallon tanks displaying local tide pool animals and plants
- Display on climate change in the Gulf Maine
- Artifacts such as whale baleen and bones
- SmartScope showing magnification of marine animals on our large TV screen
- Maritime exhibit, with vintage fishing gear
- Old postcards of Hampton Beach
Our exhibits and activities change all the time, so we encourage frequent visits!
Support the Blue Ocean Discovery Center
We greatly appreciate your donations at the Center or online. It costs approximately $20,000 per year to operate the Center, which includes license fees and other fees paid to the State of New Hampshire, staffing, tank maintenance and updating our displays each year.