After a very busy summer of whale watching, beach cleanups and our Discovery Center, we’re back with more #TipTuesdays! What better way to kick it off than with a Back to School post. Below you’ll find tips on how to make this school year the greenest ever!
- Zero waste lunches! We did a blog about this before, so we thought we’d mention it. Now that you are back to packing lunches every day, keep our tips in mind!
- School supplies: Stick to notebooks made of recycled papers or other tree-free alternatives like banana paper. There are eco-friendly pencils and colored pencils available too.
- Make an upcycled pencil pouch! Here’s one made of capris sun pouches, pretty fabrics or one made of a soda box carton.
- Ride your bike or walk to school when you can! If you can eliminate a bit of your carbon footprint this school year, do so by enjoying the outdoors. If you can’t walk there, try car pooling or taking the bus.
- Keep using your reusable water bottle. During the school years as things get busy it’s easy to go back to the convenience of a plastic water bottle, but avoid the temptation and think about the waste that comes from them.
- Have a great school year! Study hard and have fun! And keep in mind, summer is only about 300 days away!
Featured Image by Kco Bort via Flickr